Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Meet Harper




One of the sortof intangible things I collect is reclusive writers. They attract me because, well honestly, I am one of them? That's one thing that makes blogging such a challenge for me because I have to crawl a little out of my shell....and it's hard, so very hard ~

Emily Dickenson wrote about this in one of my favorite poems:

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us — don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!


That's one of the great ironies of writing and enjoying writing is whole idea of exposing yourself in public? If you do it well, you're naked. Of course Emily and I are in some exquisite company with the likes of J.D. Salinger and Harper Lee. Today I'm thinking of Harper Lee because my boyfriend sent me an amazing article about her

And if you ever find yourself in Monroeville Alabama, hearing someone say, "Meet Harper," just don't mention the mockingbird....


No comments: