Sunday, January 29, 2012

goddesses all...


I love to see and acknowledge and marvel at the divinity that ((I feel)) is present in each and every one of us. We're all so special and unique, with amazing talents and potential and and and....we truly are essences and energies of God, whatever that idea personally means to you.

One of my favorite divinity stories is about a little Indian girl named Lakshmi Tatma, born with eight limbs. Actually she was one of a pair of ischiopagus conjoined twins where one twin was headless due to its head atrophying and chest underdeveloping in the womb. The result looked like one child with four arms and four legs. Lakshmi was named after the Hindu goddess of wealth, and was actually worshipped as a deity.

After following her amazing surgery, this week I was amazed to see how she's blossomed into a little girl starting school, much like my own little girl who I see blossoming every day. What touched me most of all was her father's comment in this story from the UK's Daily Mail where he says he believes in his heart that Lakshmi is
a goddess. He says, "I think anything is possible for her."

What if we were to all believe the same things not only of our children, but of ourselves?

To help with Lakshmi's future medical care, please click here

No comments: